Lee Vining High School Senior Andrea Santillán Obtains Prestigious QuestBridge Scholarship, Matches with Claremont McKenna College

 About Post 




On the afternoon of December 1st, Lee Vining High School senior Andrea Santillán couldn’t stop checking her phone–for good reason. She was waiting for the much-anticipated news about her college admissions decision. “I was just looking at my phone, waiting for the email. I knew it was going to come out that day,” she said. “When I clicked on the email, confetti popped out and it said ‘you matched’ and it was blinking and I was like no way… I matched.” 

WATCH HERE  

She later reflected on this feeling of elation: “In middle school, I always thought about going to college and getting a big scholarship for it like something from a Disney movie… but going to school… I realized I could work hard. That’s when I realized I could go to college, I could aim higher if I wanted to. [Lee Vining] High School really made me want to go to college, without being shy or without being worried

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post